CPL – Commercial Pilot Licence
FLIGHT TIME- If the pilot does not hold an Australian Aeroplane Licence he /she must complete one of the following courses prior to sitting a flight test:
125 hour course-
No limitation in time taken to complete flight hours.
No limitation on the number of different helicopters flown.
The final 30 hours must be completed within 3 months.
Maximum – two types of helicopter flown.
First 15 hours must be on one type of helicopter.
Minimum – 20 hours on each aircraft.
PASSES IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS –
- Helicopter aerodynamics. 70% minimum pass
- Helicopter performance, operations and flight planning. 70% minimum pass
- Engines (piston), systems and instrumentation. 70%minimum pass
- Meteorology. 70% minimum pass
- Flight Navigation. 70% minimum pass
- Flight rules procedures. 80% minimum pass
- Human performance and limitations. 70% minimum pass
MEDICAL – obtained from CASA certified doctor.